Luffships Ltd (LSL) is a leading R&D business for buoyant aircraft with professional expertise, know-how and experience stemming from 1981, when our principal engineers took up with LTA technology, able to invent and develop practical new:
- Buoyant aircraft – airships, balloons and aerostats.
- Ground Systems, Equipment and Facilities – mooring, handling, logistics, maintenance and storm protection.
- Commercial inflatable structures – tents, marquees, shelters…
that solve issues and market needs.
LSL also can help other businesses with:
- Support for design/engineering work
- Airworthiness authority approvals/certification.
- Training/advice to help developers, operators, marketing and media people.
- Help the buoyant aircraft industry to flourish.
- Enable new types leading to serious aerial-cranes and other needed long endurance/range types.
- Facilitate ground arrangements, certification and training.
Illustrated right, the LS-L20 is an omni-directional (O-D) airship as a Patroller with precision control able to access small bases almost anywhere. It’s different to other mostly unidirectional (UD) airships because precision control and vertical ascent/descent is much easier for O-D aircraft (like helicopters) and they are better for duties requiring loiter from ability to drift silently as balloons – using power, which may be from the sun, judicially to control course for long endurance and range.
Note: It could be your name on the aerostat.
See our Projects page for information about other new LTA-aircraft possible.