LS-L20 and LS-L25
These LTA aircraft are omni-directional Lenticular Luffships capable of endless silent free unpowered or quiet long lasting helicopter style dirigible flight at any stage with direct pilot, R/C or remote/autonomous control carrying people and/or customer payloads designed under Balloon and Normal Category regulations for: sport, pleasure, general commercial or private purposes, search & rescue, reconnaissance, and as platforms for electronic/optical system payloads serving private, business and public service duties practically anywhere, able to access and operate out of small isolated locations. See the documents following for information about them:
- Mk 1 and Mk 2 leaflets for brief information about each type. Also, for an independent assessment of their lenticular aerostat form in flight, see the ADINA Tech Brief – also available from the Links page.
- Development report (available from contact), which explains their design and associated reasoning for the special types, intended to help the airship industry and operators get underway and become successful. Their design thus also involved necessary ground infrastructure arrangements for logistics, outdoor inflation/assembly, maintenance and operation in assured cost effective protected ways against storms.
- Patrol Luffships report (available from contact), which explains the need for such LTA aircraft to undertake long endurance roving aerial platform duties.
- Pilots for Lenticular Luffship Drones article (available from contact), which explains why it makes sense to enable them to be flown with crew onboard.
Related series types designed include: Mk 1 (LS-L20) with a Ø20 m aerostat and Mk 2 with a Ø25 m aerostat, which would follow under STC rules. They both have interchangeable payload units that may be different and quickly swapped, facilitating role change for other duties and customer requirements, designed for:
- Mk 1: 300 kg disposable load, 8 hr operation under power – Type certification between Balloon & Normal category standards.
- Mk 2: 900 kg disposable load, 24 hr operation under power – Type certification under Normal category standards.
They incorporate new quad cycloidal propeller (CP) arrangements, enabling multi-rotor drone style control. These propellers are a new development that airships generally need. See the following pdf file for brief information about CPs.
The designs build on previous Models and the LS-LT18-V1 development, incorporating lessons learned that extend the particular Luffship capability a step further; able (when prototypes have been produced) to demonstrate how later bigger types would operate and to learn from them for further developments, intended to follow.
Led by our originator as the Technical Authority, the Mk 1 arrangements were developed to a mature level through an aircraft design organisation that serves major aircraft developers worldwide and are approved by the airworthiness authorities. Its design thus is ready for prototype production, test and the certification programme, needing finance to continue. Please contact us if you would like to support its further development.
We also are interested to hear from people who would like to own and operate this Luffship, when certificated. Please register interest via contact.